VHDL Simili is a
low-cost, yet powerful and feature-rich VHDL
development system designed for the serious hardware designer. It includes a very fast VHDL compiler and simulator
assembled into a powerful Integrated Development Environment and waveform
interface. The compiler/simulator can be used with or without the graphical user
interface (as batch tools). VHDL Simili Professional Edition adds advanced debugging and code-coverage
capabilities. VHDL Simili
development is currently available for FREE
(intended for small designs and for students) or you can request a demo/trial license for the
full version after downloading and installing the software.
VHDL Simili is offered in Standard and Professional
Editions (see "feature comparison page" for
- IEEE 1076-93 VHDL language compliant compiler/simulator (includes built-in
standard libaries). -- also allows VHDL'87 style FILE declarations.
- Incorporates ZEOS™
technology for very fast and flexible compilations and simulations.
- Support for IEEE packages (std_logic, numeric_std,
- Support for Vital 95/2000 (IEEE 1076.4) and SDF 2.1, 3.0
and 4.0 for back-annotation. of
- Support for Synopsys libraries (std_logic_arith, std_logic_signed,
- Accelerated versions of packages mentioned above.
- TEXTIO redirection mechanism.
- Support for 64-bit time, 64-bit user defined physical types and 64-bit
floating point (real) numbers.
- Choice of disabling acceleration of specific packages at runtime.
- Platform support: Windows 2000/XP, Linux Redhat
7.1 or newer.
- Compiler/Simulator designed so they can run in batch mode (perfect
for running regressions).
- Extremely fast compilation speeds (several thousands of lines per
- Co-exists with other synthesis/verification products
- Ships with pre-compiled or ready-to-be-compiled libraries for
- IEEE Libraries (pre-compiled,
- Synopsys Libraries
- Actel Vital Libraries
- Altera Vital Libraries
(Quartus compilation scripts or MAX+plus-II Version 9.21)
- Atmel 40k, 6k libraries
(Compilation scripts, documentation provided, IDS version 6.0)
- Cypress Libraries
(Compilation scripts, documentation provided, Warp version 5.2 and
- Xilinx Libraries LogiBlox, UniSim and
SimPrim (Compilation scripts, documentation provided)
Graphical User Interface Features:
- Multi-threaded user interface (GUI never freezes during time consuming
- Tcl console with color-coded messages
- History mechanism
- Command log
- Error tracking (including ASSERTs/REPORTs from VHDL)
- User configurable colors and fonts.
- Preference database (remembers a very large number of user preferences
and settings from previous run)
- Auto-load externally modified files (easier integration with other
text editors, user can disable this)
- Context sensitive menus throughout
- Industry standard FLEXlm based licensing mechanism with Symphony
EDA added enhancements to make license management as painless as
- Graphical Licensing Management Wizard to step you through license
fulfillment (even includes demo and free licenses)
- Supports demo, node-locked and floating licensing policies
- Automated license fulfillment -- You can be up and running in as
little as 5 minutes (any time, any day) after downloading and installing
- Project management:
- Designed for handling hundreds of files in a single project
(workspace) with ease
- Manages multiple libraries in one workspace
- Smart compile (built-in make)
- Dynamic (continuous) automatic file ordering
- Portable output file formats (between Unix and Windows)
- Manage compiler options with ultimate flexibility (can be file specific or library specific or both)
- Manage all your simulator options (acceleration, SDF settings, etc.)
- Multi-million vector capacity with small memory footprint
- High performance waveform display -- super fast scrolling, zooming,
- Continuous waveform update (simulator does not have to stop to see waveforms)
- Compressed waveforms to disk -- extremely small disk footprint
- Drag and drop to waveform window to add new waveforms
- Display values in Unsigned/Decimal/Hex/Octal/Binary/Symbolic/Analog
- Display any VHDL signal type (including multi-dimensional arrays,
enumerated types, records, real-numbers, etc.)
- Display hierarchy/structure of your design
- Signals/Variables display for any part of the hierarchy
- Infinite number of user defined draggable markers (measurement anchors)
- Load/save waveforms to disk
- Debugging Features: (available in Professional Edition)
- Stop/continue from ASSERT/REPORT statements
- Efficient Code-coverage with user-defined exceptions
and HTML/TEXT/Graphical reports
- Language sensitive text editor:
- Powerful text editor with infinite levels of undo/redo
- Syntax highlighting
- User configurable colors for keywords, comments, constants, etc.
- Bookmarks, auto-indent, comment-block, un-comment-block, etc.
- Even tolerates an external editor (emacs, vim, prism, etc.)
Download VHDL Simili
- Version 3.1 NOW
Also available is a FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions) and Release Notes
for more information.